Included on this page is information and links to images related to Ultraviolet Knits: Twelve knitting patterns featuring UV-reactive hand-dyed wool yarn. If there is anything else needed, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pattern List
- Book Press Release
- Author Bio
- Photographer Bio
- Tech Editor Bio
- List of Hand-dyers
- High Resolution Cover Photo
- High Resolution Interior Photos
- Product Info
- Contact Info
- Review Copy
Did you know certain yarns glow in reaction to ultraviolet light?
Evin Bail O’Keeffe has designed 12 knitting patterns to bring out the best in ultraviolet-reactive yarns.
This collection is inspired by the night’s sky, some from the view from Earth, such as star-gazing from a porch swing, while others pay homage to astronomy. Each of the 12 accessory patterns works well with bold, speckled, and vibrant yarns as well as semi-solid and neutrals, making the designs well suited for using those treasured skeins in your yarn collection. These accessory designs are excellent for travel knitting given their size. For festival-goers or everyday use, these finished objects are ones you’ll want to wear.
The patterns included in Ultraviolet Knits:
- Aerglo Wrap (two sizes)
- Altair Cowl
- Betelgeuse Shawl
- Cassiopeia Mini Skein Shawl
- Elara Shawl
- Firefly Hour Mitts
- Midnight Waffles Cowl
- Phare Hat (three sizes)
- Porch Light Wrap
- Rigel Cowl
- Rigel Mitts
- Wreath Nebula Mitts
Knitwear designer and award-winning craft blogger Evin Bail O’Keeffe’s bright new book Ultraviolet Knits: Twelve knitting patterns featuring UV-reactive hand-dyed wool yarn is now available for purchase on Ravelry, Anchor and Bee (publisher: anchorandbee.bigcartel.com), and other online retailers.
Evin Bail O’Keeffe is creator and author of the award-winning blog EvinOK.com, which she started in 2011. Originally from the Washington DC area, she now resides with her family in Cork, Ireland. In addition to Ultraviolet Knits, Evin has her designs published in two other books, Bake Knit Sew: A Recipe and Craft Project Annual (Anchor and Bee, 2014) and These Islands: Knits from Ireland, Scotland, and Britain (Anchor and Bee, 2015).
Niall Twamley has a Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing Strategy from Cork Institute of Technology and works in the field while also pursuing photography.
Tech Editor Bio
Michael Harrigan is a knitwear accessory designer based in Bangkok, Thailand. He has been certified by The Knitting Guild Association (tkga.org) as a Master Knitter, Knitting Technical Editor, and Knitting Judge.
For this book, Evin chose small independent hand dyers who sell their wool yarn online and ship internationally.
- Bear In Sheep’s Clothing – Phare Hat
- Easy Knits – Aerglo Wrap
- Eve Chambers Textiles – Elara Shawl & Cassiopeia Mini Skein Shawl
- Yoriko Oki of Fibre Art Studio – Rigel Cowl
- GamerCrafting – Firefly Hour Mitts
- Green Elephant Yarn – Porch Light Wrap & Wreath Nebula Mitts
- La Bien Aimee – Firefly Hour Mitts
- Mad Scientist Yarns – Cassiopeia Mini Skein Shawl
- Martin’s Lab – Porch Light Wrap
- Mothy and the Squid – Cassiopeia Mini Skein Shawl & Aerglo Wrap
- My Mama Knits – Cassiopeia Mini Skein Shawl, Altair Cowl, Midnight Waffles Cowl & Porch Light Wrap.
- Olann Grá – Aerglo Wrap
- Qing Fibre – Betelgeuse Shawl
- Textile Garden (buttons)– Rigel Cowl
- The Wool Kitchen – Rigel Mitts
- Uschitita – Firefly Hour Mitts
High Resolution Cover Photo
Click Here to Download the High Resolution Cover Photo
High Resolution Interior Photos
Click Here to Download the High Resolution Interior Photos. The images are in individual pattern-specific folders.
Imprint: Anchor and Bee
Publication Date: March 24, 2020
Price: $24.50USD / €22.00EUR
Trim Size: 8.268” x 11.693” (A4)
ISBN: 978-1-910567-06-7 (paperback)
Page Count: 50
Illustrations: 63 color photographs and illustrations
Additional Formats: Ebook 978-1-910567-07-4 (digital version – Ravelry)
To request a digital review copy please contact email@example.com.
Evin Bail O’Keeffe
Where to Buy
- Ravelry.com (digital version is available now)
- Amazon.com (USA)
- Amazon.co.uk (UK/Ireland, affiliate link)
- Amazon.com.au (Australia)
- Barnes and Noble
- BookDepository (Worldwide)
- Waterstones (UK/Ireland)
- Bokus (Sweden)
- Anchor and Bee Publisher (Worldwide, books ship signed and free gift of Ravelry digital version with each purchase)
© 2014–2020 Evin Bail O’Keeffe. All Rights Reserved.